Christmas time is here!
Because I am woefully low on original ideas right now, I’m doing this Christmas meme again this year. It was also posted on December 6, 2007. Some answers are the same, but not all of them.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? most of the time wrapping paper, but sometimes I’ll use gift bags for oddly shaped gifts or if I’m being lazy
2. Real tree or artificial? growing up we had a real tree downstairs and an artificial tree upstairs; Matt and I have stuck with artificial so far.
3. When do you put up the tree? I like to put it up the weekend after Thanksgiving, this year, it was more like two weeks after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? New Year’s eve or day
5. Do you like eggnog? yes, but not nearly as much as Matt does
6. Favorite gift received as a child? my Cabbage Patch Kids and my pink and gray 10-speed bike
7. Do you have a nativity scene? no, but I think I’ll try to find the Fisher Price one on sale after Christmas for next year
8. Hardest person to buy for? the dads – mine and Matt’s
9. Easiest person to buy for? Little and Boo; right now I can still get what I want for them
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? everything I can think of would put me in the doghouse with one person or another who reads this blog
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail except that I didn’t do any this year – maybe New Years cards? or Easter?
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? this is really terrible, but I don’t really have one; I guess the closest I get is About a Boy which isn’t about Christmas, per se, but part of it does take place at Chirstmas time
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I always say I’m going to shop throughout the year, but it never happens; I usually start in November
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I do occasionally recycle gifts, but I don’t recall re-giving a Chirstmas gift
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Chex Mix ( I only make it during the holidays) and various Christmas goodies
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? clear, on all 3 or 4 trees (only one of which is up this year)
17. Favorite Christmas song? I don’t have a favorite, I just love Christmas music
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? this year we are staying home and everyone is coming to us!
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? I think so
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? nothing right now; our star is on the mantle…don’t ask
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? we’ll be opening gifts all week
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? the focus on consumerism
23. What I love most about Christmas? everything, it’s the most wonderful time of the year
If you decide to play along let me know so I can check out your answers.