Recognize that number? Yep, that’s poison control. That’s the number I had to call last week for the first time. Why? Because Boo decided it might be a good idea to taste a little hand sanitizer.
Little had used the hand sanitizer and handed it to me while I was typing an e-mail. I set the bottle on the desk and went on about what I was doing. A few minutes later the phone rang and I went into the kitchen to answer it. After a couple of minutes on the phone I came back into the living room to find Boo standing in the desk chair with the hand sanitizer pump in his mouth!
I didn’t (and still don’t) know how much he ingested, and there didn’t seem to be much gone from the bottle, but I could smell alcohol on his breath. So, I called poison control. The kind lady took all the facts, gave me a little advice (give him something sweet to drink, watch him for signs of inebriation), and told me to call back if I had any questions. Fortunately, Boo showed no signs of harm and continued to act and play normally.
Little has been around for three years and I’ve never even thought about having to call poison control. You just never know what Boo is going to get into (no matter how hard we try to keep things locked away!). Boys!