This week’s Ten on Tuesday questions were preceded by the following disclaimer: They are a different group of questions. So my advice? Don’t participate if you aren’t feeling fun and creative! After reading them, I totally understand why Chelsea felt the need to warn us. It looks like someone has been reading World War Z or watching I am Legend.
1. Quick! Zombies are coming!! What do you do?
Gather the kids and hide under the desk wielding my tazer (assuming I had one, of course). Then I’d call Matt.
2. Whew, that was a close one. …I think your phone is ringing. Oh, it’s your best friend! She thinks she’s been bitten by a zombie. What advice do you give her?
I’ll try to get you some anti-zombie bite medication and leave it on your front porch. Please don’t come to my house right now!
3. You realize it’s time to leave your current location because it’s clearly not safe anymore. Are you going to move at night or day? Defend your reasoning.
Day. Zombies are much more active at night; that’s when they feed. If I move during the day they are slowed by the intensity of the sunlight in their light-sensitive, nocturnal eyes and I have a chance to out run them. If a move at night is necessary, I must be prepared with the highest powered flashlight I can find.
4. During your relocation, you come across a weapon superstore. My, that’s convenient. What kind of weaponry do you choose?
Pretty much anything I can get my hands on, but I’m definitely looking for a gun with long range, a stun gun, and a crossbow (just because I think it would be fun to shoot one) plus lots of ammo.
5. As you leave, an old lady on the side of the street begs you to help her. Do you? Why or why not?
Yes. If she really is a little old lady then she definitely needs my help. If she is a zombie in little-old-lady disguise, then it will be too shocked by my willingness to help to attack me. If I didn’t help, and she was a zombie, then I would be done for.
6. Good choice, you’re clearly a good person to have around in a zombie apocalypse. Oh hey, there’s a wifi signal here! You can’t stay long but this is your chance to gather some intel on the current situation. What’s the first website you check?
drudgereport – drudge will definitely have the latest intel on the zombie invasion.
7. SHH! What was that noise?!
Oh, it’s the barista calling my name. My latte must be ready. (The wifi hot spot was in a coffee shop, right?)
8. I think it’s time to get out of here. I hope you have a plan. Where are you going now?
Gotta make a quick run to the grocery store. We have to have milk and bread, don’t we?
9. Wait a minute, that looks like a bite mark on your arm… You may be infected too! Will you tell other people?
Quick, hand me some of that anti-zombie medicine I procured for my best friend! I’ll tell Matt so he knows what happened if I go awol, but otherwise, we’ll keep this one under wraps…for now anyway.
10. How does this story end?
I’m not sure…last thing I remember the zombie venom and the anti-zombie medication were battling it out in my system. I must have gone into a coma because, next thing I know I wake up in a hospital bed an indeterminate amount of time later. It would appear that someone developed a vaccine, though, because I hear the zombies have been eradicated. Ahh! Now we can return to life as before.
That was fun. For more zombie stories, or to create one of your own, visit Roots and Rings.