It’s time for another round of Ten on Tuesday trivia (thanks, as always, to Chelsea for hosting); another Tuesday where you get to read trivial things about me. This week’s questions are mostly about the “firsts” in your life. There are some good questions here. Read on to learn more about my inherent dorkiness…
1. Think back a decade, do you remember what your first cellphone was? Was it as cool as Zack Morris’s phone?
My first cell was Nokia something or other (in 1995). It was not nearly as cool (or large) as Zack’s, but I do remember my parents having one like that.
2. What is the first children’s book you remember being read to you?
The first book I actually recall being read to me was Stand Back, Said the Elephant, I’m Going to Sneeze. I’m sure there were many, many before that (I remember being read to A LOT, especially by my brother), but I don’t remember specific books.
3. What was your first car? Did you love it or hate it?
A 1993 soft top Geo Tracker (white). I loved that car. Funny story about it – when I decided that was the car I wanted my uncle tried multiple times to talk me out of it saying it was too dangerous, too much of a risk to flip, etc. Now he drives it.
4. Who was your hero growing up?
My dad and my brother.
5. Think back to your first kiss. Was it everything you dreamed of?
Umm, no. Mainly because it was a kiss from someone that I really had absolutely no desire to kiss.
6. What was your first BAD hairstyle choice? (Extra points for embarrassing photos)
I had a bowl cut when I was preschool age, but that wasn’t really my choice. In early elementary I had a really bad choppy layers mullet-y thing. And then, my senior year of high school I got a “Rachel” shag. That was bad. Hair as thick as mine and that kind of style do not mix. I wish I had the pictures to share because it would definitely be good for a laugh.
7. What was your first realistic dream? (One where you had to think “Oh dang, was that a dream?”)
I don’t remember the first one, but the scariest one was when I was pregnant with Baby Girl and dreamed that the ultrasound showed she was a cat.
8. What was the first phobia you remember developing?
Probably either spiders or snakes.
9. Which character on Sesame Street do you most identify with?
Cookie Monster has always been my favorite. I can relate to never being able to get enough cookies.
10. What was the hardest goal you ever accomplished?
Getting an “A” in Organic Chemistry is the first one that comes to mind (that class about killed me), followed closely by potty training Little.