Quick, before I get Sidetrack'd

Some days are like this…

Thoughtfully penned on September 6th, 2011 and generally concerning Life with littles

We woke up this morning with big plans to visit the zoo with my best friend Stacey and her daughter S. We haven’t been to the zoo since May because it has been too hot.

The weather is beautiful this week. The doors and windows have been open yesterday and today. Mid-70s for highs. A perfect day for the zoo.

Everyone was up, dressed, fed, and ready to go at our appointed departure time. I got everyone buckled in their seats. We set off.

The car needed gas. Not a big deal, but a delay that would put us a few minutes behind when Stacey and I had agreed to meet. I got the car filled up and we were on our way again.

I got about 2 miles down the road and realized that I forgot to put on deodorant after I got out of the shower. U-turn back to the house. Again, not a big deal, just a delay. I ran in, put on deodorant, and we set off once more.

Just before we got to the interstate on-ramp, I heard explosive vomiting in the back seat. S had thrown up all over the car. I tried not to gag as I, once again, turned the car around and headed back home. I had two very disappointed kiddos on my hands, but what could I do?

We got home. I unloaded everyone from the car. I stripped two car seats (yep, the explosion got all over M’s seat and car seat as well). I cleaned the upholstery on two captain’s chairs. I dug into every nook and crevice in S’s seat trying to get it clean.

Once that was done, I gave S a bath to get the yick off of her. And started in on the laundry. I started the day with about 3 loads to do (plus a load of diapers). The explosion added 2 more loads (including the car seat covers). I still have a laundry room floor full of dirty laundry.

Now she acts like she’s fine.

Yep, some days are like this.

Noise from the peanut gallery

  1. So sorry! If it helps my morning was full of delays but none included vomit. We did have a rather interesting jumpy flying bug that my boys were afraid to kill. Of all the times to choose to be afraid of a bug, the best time was when we were 10 minutes late to school! Life with kids!