Thankfulness – Part 1 of many (nos. 1-10)
While I haven’t yet read Ann Voskamp’s One Thousand Gifts I have heard great reviews of it (and do plan to read it one day soon). Inspired by the book and reviews, I want to keep a kind of thankfulness journal chronicling those every day things that so often get lost in the shuffle. So, from time to time, I will be listing a few, several, maybe just one thing that I have noticed in my days and for which I am thankful. I also plan to incorporate a list of thanks into our Fall schooling and encourage the older children to record a thanks for something each day.
Today I am thankful for…
1. the start of the Bible Study Fellowship year. The children and I were excited to get back to it this morning.
2. a toddler class at BSF so S can go to class instead of the nursery.
3. friends and family who have overwhelmed us with love and celebration as we welcome Baby M into our lives.
4. the abundance of meals that have been provided for our family the last few weeks.
5. the privilege of teaching E to read and the ability to school her at home.
6. a wonderful husband who loves, supports, encourages, and helps me. He’s the best!
7. 4 healthy children.
8. the privilege and responsibility of raising these little ones.
9. the laughter and joy that fill our house (most of the time, anyway).
10. rest time (which will begin as soon as I finish this post).
I am glad you have decided to do this type post. It will serve as a reminder for all of us to be thankful for the many wonderful things and people we have touch our lives each day. Sometimes its the small things we overlook being thankful for, and they make our lives so special. I am thankful for you and your precious family, and all the joy brought to my life through them.
[...] Part 1 Part 2 [...]