Thoughtfully penned on October 31st, 2011 and generally concerning In the kitchen
I still need to put together our menu for the month of November, but I did come up with a few things for us to eat this week.
Friday – order pizza
Saturday – lunch: out / dinner: tortellini soup & homemade bread
Sunday – lunch: out / dinner: leftovers
Monday – leftover tortellini soup
Tuesday – pasta al forno
Wednesday – leftover pasta
Thursday – meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green peas (still on the menu from a couple of weeks ago)
Last week I posted 5 goals for the weekend. When I read the list to Matt he basically told me I was crazy. He was right.
Let’s take a look at where I stand…
1. Do the great clothing exchange – it has been a full week and there are still clothes all over the place. I am just about finished with the girls’ clothes, but I haven’t even started on J’s stuff. I wish I had taken pictures; this ordeal is a blog post in and of itself!
2. Make pumpkin applique shirts for the girls – yeah, not done. I’ll try again this weekend.
3. Catch up on laundry – well, it was caught up last weekend, but now there are about 6 loads of clean laundry on the couch that need to be folded and put away.
4. Clean the bathrooms – Matt finally gave up on me and cleaned them one night this week. I love that man!
5. Cook some muffins for breakfasts next week – didn’t get done over the weekend, but E and I baked 2 dozen on Monday morning. That counts as school, right?
Just trying to keep it real here.
And while we’re at it, this post is posting real time and I haven’t had a shower yet. We used the hour or so that M actually slept to get some school done. Now she won’t let me put her down. I’m going to miss this one day, right?
Thoughtfully penned on October 25th, 2011 and generally concerning Giving Thanks
I am thankful for…
21. a beautiful day at the zoo with the kiddos.
22. chances to share with & get to know women who are new to my life.
23. medicine to treat headaches.
24. growing up with my grandparents in my life.
25. new visions of routine things.
26. the ability to cloth my children well (although sometimes the volume of clothing is overwhelming).
27. 7+ years that we didn’t think we would get to spend with Grandma.
28. opportunities to share our resources.
30. a good day with the baby (minimal screaming so far) after a tough day yesterday.
31. leftover tacos for dinner tonight.
Thoughtfully penned on October 21st, 2011 and generally concerning Goals
1. Do the great clothing exchange – I’ve had boxes of the kids clothes out of the attic for several weeks now. This weekend I plan to go through all of the clothes in their closets/drawers and the clothes in the boxes to clean out the Summer stuff and put in the Fall/Winter stuff. I also need to sort out the stuff for Spring consignment.
2. Make pumpkin applique shirts for the girls – again, a project I’ve had everything for (except E’s shirt) for awhile now. I intended to have them ready before our pumpkin patch trip last Sunday, now I’m shooting for completing them before our Fall festival at church this Sunday.
3. Catch up on laundry – I’ve let myself fall behind this week and it’s not fun. See also #1.
4. Clean the bathrooms – enough said.
5. Cook some muffins for breakfasts next week.
What are your goals for this weekend?
Thoughtfully penned on October 20th, 2011 and generally concerning E
Back tracking a bit here. At the end of July we celebrated E’s big 5 year old birthday. We spent the day with my parents (Bebe and Grandad) doing things E enjoys. We went to Build-a-Bear, ate lunch at Pei Wei, bought The Princess and the Frog and had cookie cake and ice cream. I think she had a great day.
To capture a bit of her five year old moment, here are a few of E’s favorite things.
Favorite book: Fancy Nancy
Favorite toy: Bebe lovee
Favorite TV show: The Busy World of Richard Scarry
Favorite playtime activity: playing school
Favorite food: ham
Favorite color: purple and pink
What I want to be when I grow up: school teacher
A couple of pretty major milestones over the last year: she learned to tie her shoe and to read
Thoughtfully penned on October 19th, 2011 and generally concerning Giving Thanks
A few things I’m thankful for of late.
11. the long awaited check that arrived in the mail the day before the hospital bill.
12. an “emergency” fund big enough to cover our medical expenses this Summer.
13. unexpected time off from work (Matt) at Christmas.
14. time spent with Matt’s grandparents last Friday.
15. friends – encouragement, accountability, fun times.
16. cooler weather (with much cooler temps headed our way).
17. forgiveness and grace.
18. contentment with our living arrangements (something I battle).
19. the weight of my baby in my arms (so many long for this)
20. new realizations of who I am and what I’m called to.
What are you thankful for today?
Thoughtfully penned on October 18th, 2011 and generally concerning M
Believe it or not, my baby girl is two months old already! And while two months doesn’t sound like long, it feels like she’s been with us always. As tough as these two months have been, they have also been filled with blessing. Happy two months, precious baby M!
I am two months old now, and I…
…want to be held. All the time if I had my way.
…spit up like crazy (meaning puddles of the stuff).
…don’t like to go to sleep (but sleep pretty well once down at night).
…visit the doc on Friday. We’ll get stats and likely a script for prevacid.
…am beginning to outgrow my 0-3 months size clothes.
…started smiling about 3 weeks ago.
…have just discovered my hands and, boy, do they taste good!
…am getting to be a little fountain of drool.
…like to be worn (most of the time).
…have quite a fiery temper.
…am growing quite fond of my paci.
…have very good head control.
…rolled over for the first time yesterday morning!
…am doted on and smothered with love by my three siblings.
Thoughtfully penned on October 15th, 2011 and generally concerning In the kitchen
I’ve been intending to post menus on Saturday since we meal plan from Friday to Thursday, but I haven’t accomplished it thus far. Until today. So, here’s our menu for this week…
Friday – pizza
Saturday – lunch: fend (sandwiches, frozen, etc) / dinner: tacos & fixings
Sunday – lunch: taco leftovers / dinner: ?
Monday – chicken broccoli casserole & rolls
Tuesday – leftover casserole
Wednesday – meatloaf, mashed potatoes, peas
Thursday – waffles or pancakes, bacon
Have a great weekend!
Thoughtfully penned on October 13th, 2011 and generally concerning S
My (no longer the) baby girl turned 21 months old this week! Wondering what she’s up to these days?
I am 21 months old now, and I…
…am super happy and cheerful (except when I’m not).
…have quite the little temper.
…am a bit obsessed with the fact that Elmo is on my diapers.
…am talking like crazy (although, you might not understand most of it).
…putting two and three words together and sometimes even a sentence.
…mimicking the words/sounds that I hear from my family.
…love my baby sister (mom says sometimes I love her too much).
…am obsessed with my baby sister’s paci.
…am trying my hardest to jump and get both feet off the ground.
…love to look at books.
…am a bit obsessed with Shake a Leg (Elmo board book).
…have 4 eye teeth coming in.
…love to spin in circles.
…try to do everything my big sister and brother do.
…love, love, love baby dolls.
…am still tiny (but I’m up to 21 lbs!).
…am a bit obsessed with clothes and shoes (especially shoes).
…hate the vacuum, broom, and choo-choo (they make me run and cry).
…like to color (especially on things I shouldn’t color like school books).
…bring great joy and laughter to my home (I’m a funny little bird).
Thoughtfully penned on October 10th, 2011 and generally concerning In the kitchen
I actually put together a month long menu for October! I can’t say I’ve been great about sticking to it this last week or so, but I’m still trying to get back into the swing of cooking every night. We are also dealing with a moody baby in the evenings, so that doesn’t help.
Anyway, here’s what we’re eating this week…
Friday – pizza
Saturday – out
Sunday – small group: chili dogs
Monday – leftovers
Tuesday – “grilled” chicken tenders, mac & cheese, veggie
Wednesday – fish filets, roasted red potatoes, steamed broccoli
Thursday – chicken pot pie
I’m really going to try to start blogging regularly again. I’ve realized over the last week or so that this is the only written record of our children’s lives. This is where we turn for stats, milestones, funny sayings or stories. So, I need to catch up with them. We’ll see how it plays out.
Happy Monday everyone!