Thoughtfully penned on November 20th, 2012 and generally concerning Giving Thanks
So much for posting something every day! Believe it or not, I’ve actually had something to post each day and failed to take time to write. And I actually started this post on Friday, and here we are at Tuesday. So, here’s a catch up list.
Day 9 – I am thankful for the ability to buy food for our family and the resources to feed our family the way we believe we should.
Day 10 – I am thankful for beautiful weather in November and a fun morning with Aunt Lu and her gang
Day 11 – I am thankful for our church and the ability to worship God freely.
Day 12 – I am thankful for the men and women who have and currently are serving in our armed forces. Especially my favorite Air Force Major, my brother Jason.
Day 13 – I am thankful for Christ and the salvation, grace, and mercy he pours out on me.
Day 14 – I am thankful for the churches in our community that support BSF, homeschool activities, etc that are a continual blessing to our family.
Day 15 – I am thankful for healthy children. So many families are going through so much. We are blessed.
Day 16 – I am thankful for homeschooling. We have our fair share of rough days, but the good days are great days. It is so fun watching my kids learn.
Day 17 – I am thankful for days of rest.
Day 18 – I am thankful for our small group. God has surrounded us with a wonderful group of friends!
Day 19 – I am thankful for our justice and court systems. But I am praising God that I was not chosen to sit on the grand jury!
Thoughtfully penned on November 8th, 2012 and generally concerning Giving Thanks
Today I am thankful for the grace of God. By his grace I have life, breath, and all good things. Praise God!
Thoughtfully penned on November 6th, 2012 and generally concerning Giving Thanks
Today I am thankful that, regardless of the outcome of the election, Jesus is still and forever on the throne.
Thoughtfully penned on November 4th, 2012 and generally concerning FOUR
, Giving Thanks
Also known as Thanksgiving, Day 4.
Today I am thankful for these monkeys.
Well, really ladybug, kitty cat, giraffe, and spiderman, I guess.
You might get the idea that someone wasn’t happy about this whole situation.
Gotta love 2 year olds!
But, seriously, I love these four people more than I ever thought possible. They bring love, joy, and fun to my life. (Also headaches, heartache, and chaos; if we’re being honest)
So today (and every day), I am thankful for these four blessings God has given me to mother.
Thoughtfully penned on November 3rd, 2012 and generally concerning Giving Thanks
Today I am thankful for days of rest. By the end of the week I am exhausted, and our Friday afternoons and Saturdays with Matt around are such a blessing. Especially good are the ones when we can just hang out at home.
Thoughtfully penned on May 24th, 2012 and generally concerning Giving Thanks
I haven’t written a thankfulness post in several months, so I’m beginning afresh. The plan is to post a list of “grateful fors” every Thursday.
This week I am grateful for:
1. a husband who is handy around the house and willing to research and learn how to do most things that need to be done.
2. healthy children
3. Summer break from school (we’ll start back in 4-6 weeks)
4. plenty of food in my fridge and pantry
5. yummies from the farmer’s market last weekend
6. new water bottles (it’s the little things)
7. opportunities to share God’s love
8. realization of the things that hold me back (so I can do something about them)
9. a chance for E to have a week alone with her BeBe and Grandad
10. a good, stable job with steady income
11. our house (although I sometimes lose sight of this)
12. books to read
13. chances to see the joy of discovery on my children’s faces
14. babywearing (I love to have her close)
15. a husband who “gets” me (I’m kinda quirky)
16. finding cute dresses for family pictures (still need to clothe the rest of us)
17. dependable cars
18. a God who knows, even when I don’t
19. being able to nurse M this long and still going strong
20. good friends
Thoughtfully penned on December 21st, 2011 and generally concerning Giving Thanks
I am thankful for…
71. warm days in December
72. heat when it’s cold and a/c when it’s hot
73. Christmas anticipation
74. Amazon Prime shipping
75. funny things my children say
76. baby laughs
77. good friends
78. time out of the house for mom
79. time to hang out with Matt
80. breaks in the busy
81. quiet times
82. moments of worship in the midst of the everyday
83. the cross that overshadowed the manger
Thoughtfully penned on December 7th, 2011 and generally concerning Giving Thanks
Today I am thankful for…
61. Snow on the ground but not on the roads.
62. Bible Study Fellowship’s children’s program.
63. A treat for us all – lunch from Chick-Fil-A
64. The beauty of snow covered trees as we drove to BSF this morning.
65. The reminder that Christ’s blood washes us whiter than snow.
66. The Advent season.
67. The opportunity to study names of Jesus with my children.
68. The ability to give gifts to those we love.
69. People who influence my children for Christ.
70. Grandparents who love my children and love to spend time with them.
70. Fun Christmas activities.
Thoughtfully penned on November 25th, 2011 and generally concerning E
, Giving Thanks
I asked each of the big kids to tell me five things for which they are thankful.
3. Barney the armadillo (littlest pet shop toy)
4. My suitcase
1. Mrs. Burks (BSF leader)
Thoughtfully penned on November 24th, 2011 and generally concerning Giving Thanks
It seems only appropriate to post “thankful fors” on Thanksgiving.
I am thankful for…
46. the sweet heart of my biggest girl
47. laughs courtesy of my kiddos
49. the library
50. unexpected short work days
51. the funny ways little people speak
52. time to catch up with a good friend I hadn’t seen in way too long
53. my kids’ desire to learn
54. a healthy baby (even if she gets up earlier than I like)
55. Prevacid solutabs
56. a functioning washer and dryer
57. new sparkly polish to prettify my toes
58. laughing with Matt
59. my comfy, cozy bed
60. spending holidays with family